Our Mission Statement
Administer all programs timely and accurately with respect and compassion to the population we serve.
The Ottawa County Department of Job and Family Services is available to provide assistance to identify, develop and provide supportive services necessary to empower members of the county, particularly those who face the challenges created by poverty, to achieve self-sufficiency. County residents may apply for public assistance benefits such as Food Assistance, Medicaid, Subsidized Child Care, and Ohio Works First Cash Assistance by completing an application. Please visit the Apply and Report Changes page to obtain information on how to apply for benefits.
You can obtain information about the various public assistance programs by downloading the form (JFS) 07501 Program Enrollment & Benefit Information.
Important phone numbers and websites for your reference:
- Food Assistance Direction Card: 1 (866) 386-3071
- Cash Eppicard: 1 (866) 420-8822
- Medicaid Hotline: 1 (800) 324-8689
- Managed Care Enrollment Center: 1 (800) 605-3040
- Buckeye Community Health Plan: 1 (866) 246-4358
- CareSource: 1 (800) 488-0134
- Molina Healthcare: 1 (800) 642-4168
- Paramount Advantage: 1 (800) 462-3589
- United Healthcare: 1 (800) 895-2017
- Child Support Customer Service Web Portal
- Additional Community Resources: Dial 211
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or political beliefs.
To file a complaint of discrimination contact the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Bureau of Civil Rights:
30 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215-3414
or call 1 (866) 227-6353.
Discrimination complaints can also be filed with USDA, Office of Adjudication:
1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, DC 20250-9410
Agency Fax: 419-898-2436