Non-Emergency Transportation (NET)
What is NET?
Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) is a statewide program administered by the County Department of Job and Family Services. NET provides transportation for Medicaid eligible consumers, to and from Medicaid covered services. (Examples: medical doctors, hospitals, dentists, counseling appointments, etc.)
This service may be provided by one of the contracted vendors or gas cards may be issued to the medicaid eligible consumer traveling to and from a medical provider for medical services. This service is available to those individuals with no other means of transportation.
For more information, please call 419-898-3688.
Who is eligible?
The individual being transported must be an Ohio Medicaid recipient. If the individual has a monthly spend down, this must be met before the date of the scheduled transport. Final eligibility will be determined by the Net Worker at OCDJFS.
Download the NET – Mileage Reimbursement form (pdf)
Download the NET – Verification Slip (pdf)
How does one apply?
- A request for NET can be made in person, in writing or by calling (419)898-3688. The Medicaid case number and /or social security number must be provided at that time.
- A 10 day notice is requested for new applicants.
- The individual must have the name of the doctor, address and phone number for the destination.
- Notice must be given if special arrangements are needed such as a lift van for a wheelchair bound person.
- Although a 4 day notice is recommended, it is best to call the agency to schedule rides as soon as the appointment is made but no more than 2 months in advance.
- Please notify the NET worker at (419) 898-3688 of any change in address or phone number in advance.
- Failure to cancel a ride within 2 hours of pickup time or not going on a scheduled ride will be considered a “no show”.