Prevention, Retention, and Contingency
Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) is a program designed to assist low-income families in overcoming immediate barriers to achieving or maintaining economic self – sufficiency, thereby preventing the need for ongoing public assistance.
Who is eligible for PRC services?
A unit for the purpose of determining eligibility for the PRC Program is defined as:
- Needy families with minor children
- Individuals that are pregnant
- Non-Custodial Parties, residing in Ottawa County, who have a legal obligation to pay child support to a child that resides in another home in Ottawa County.
Some types of services that are offered
- Utilities with disconnection
- Purchase of bulk fuel for heating
- First-month rent/deposit to move from unsubsidized to subsidized housing
- Job preparation services
- Gasoline vouchers
- Diversion benefits
- Lice kits
Transition Back to Work Application