Child Care Provider
Types of Child Care Programs:
- Child Care Center: 7 or more children at one time.
- Family Child Care Provider/Type A Home: 7-12 children at one time.
- Family Child Care Provider/Type B Home: No more than 6 children at one time.
Interested in opening a Child Care Program?
Effective December 31, 2016, child care licensing rules require an individual who is interested in becoming a child care provider to complete a pre-licensing orientation training prior to submitting an application. The goal of this training is to lay a solid foundation of child care knowledge on which you can plan and build your child care program. Each module in the training covers related topics that must be considered prior to beginning the process to become a licensed program.
This training contains the following modules:
- The Business of Operating a Child Care Program
- How to Apply to Become a Child Care Center (or Family Child Care provider)
- Child Care Center (or Family Child Care) Licensing Rule Review
- Step Up To Quality
- Publicly Funded Child Care
The steps to take when interested in opening a child care program are listed online at
ODJFS Child Care To access child care licensing rules:
ODJFS Forms Central To access all ODJFS forms (prescribed & sample forms.)
Ottawa County Family Child Care Licensing Specialists:
- Kami Sayre 419-707-8640 Kami.Sayre@jfs.ohio.gov